Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sorry for the confusion

No...I'm not loosing my mind. I did link a photo album to our blog but when I realized that any random person could order prints of our pictures, I took it off. I forgot to delete the post about it though! Sorry! I'm working on another way to link a photo album.

I know we've been a little quiet in our part of the bloggy world. It's been a hard few weeks for me. It's not anything in particular that's making it hard. I've just been blah. I think a lot of it is due to things at school being crazy and I'm super tired. If I was really honest I would say that a good part of my "blah" state is due to my lack of time I've given to my quiet times. I realized last night that rather than talking to the One who knows and understands the emotions that He gave me, I've been avoiding Him all together. I know...that doesn't make a lot of sense! I don't normally watch t.v. evangelists but as I was flipping channels I stumbled upon CeCe Winans singing. She's one of my favorites. She was leading a 2 hour time of worship with other women singers and some of the best preaching I've heard in a while. The entire show was centered around just simply praising God for being God. Forget about the issues, situations and various trials...just praise Him. It was just what I needed...

The boys continue to bless Sean and I on a daily basis. We love being their parents and we are learning more from them every day. Zachary blessed my heart yesterday. He was in my lap as we had our daily appointment in the rocking chair. He reached up and gave me the biggest hug. I whispered to him "You're my sweet Zachary, aren't you?" (I've been calling him "my sweet Zachary" since the day they move in). He said "Yep. You're my sweet mommy." Ohh...my heart melted. I got big tears in my eyes and just hugged him harder. I love those boys so much! Daniel is discovering the joy and excitement in prayer. He still thanks God for the food every night from his bed but he's also beginning to step out in his prayers a little. About 30 minutes after I put him to bed last night, I heard him whimpering at the door. He doesn't usually get up once he's in the bed. (That doesn't mean he goes to sleep immediately! He loves to lay in bed and talk/sing to himself.) I went to the door and he immediately started talking about a bear. I couldn't tell if he'd fallen asleep and had a bad dream or if the shadows of the room were messing with his eyes. I laid him down and told him that we could talk to Jesus about the bear. He immediately looked up and me and said, "Mommy, I talk a Jesus." Bless his heart...I wanted to squeeze him and tell him how much I loved him and how excited I was that he wanted to talk to Jesus.

I pray that he never forgets to talk to Jesus. Maybe Mommy needed a reminder from the 2 year old...

2 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

So sweet. And such a good reminder.

Tech Daddy said...

I love the part, "Yep. You're my sweet mommy." Caused some misting of the eyes, not sure how that happened, don't tell anyone :-). I just eat it up when my kids say or do things that express their love for me.