Thursday, April 3, 2008

If you will permit me...

I woke up at around 4:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom and I couldn't go back to sleep. Partially because I made the mistake of looking at the clock and my mind starting thinking of everything that I had to do today and partially due to the snoring that was taking place next to me. Nice! So, I decided to move to the couch and try to get my last bit of sleep. I couldn't settle down and I really felt my heart stirring. So, I got up and got my Bible and memory verse cards. I usually have my quiet time at the end of the day (I'm not a morning quiet time person...anyone else like that?) but my mind and heart were pratically jumping. I didn't know what I wanted to read today so I literally just opened my Bible where my little ribbon was placed. Wow! I needed to hear what God brought to me today!
Psalm 116:1-7
1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD : "O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
My heart nearly stopped! Oh how I needed to hear these words! Sean and I have been struggling to remain joyful and hopeful that our adoption will ever be finalized. We sat and talked a lot about what was happening this time last year. We were moments away from either getting our boys or loosing them. Due to our God showing Himself in a BIG way, we have our boys with us today. It was and continues to truly be a miracle. Over the past few months my spirit has been so low and frustrated. I have been angry at God for not letting this be finished yet. I have been scared that something will happen and we'll loose the boys. (That can't happen but you know how Satan works on our greatest fears!)
My spirit has been dry and just plain blah.
After reading these words I am feeling so much better. God spoke straight into my dry, dusty spirit and reminded me that I can "find rest once more" because He continues to be good to me. He has done great and mighty things in the past and He will continue to do so. He is a God of love and mercy. He knows our greatest desire and He will prove Himself faithful.
Psalm 118:15-17
15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous:
"The LORD's right hand has done mighty things!
16 The LORD's right hand is lifted high;
the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!"
17 I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the LORD has done.
God reminded me this morning to continue to proclaim what He has done for us and allow His light to shine through our home and our lives.
Psalm 118:28-29
28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.
29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

2 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

Oh how I love that verse...the Lord has been good to you!!! Thanks so much for reminding me of that tonight. :)

Tech Daddy said...

Thanks for giving this personal testimony of God's love, faithfulness and goodness.