Friday, October 10, 2008

YEAH!

I am doing a big "mommy dance" right now because Zachary is back at school today! YEAH! He didn't run any fever yesterday so he was up and ready for school this morning. He's still a little congested and gets tired but there's no fever. Praise the Lord!

I had an experience with the boys last night that I will treasure for a very long time. While we were reading our Bible story, I felt a stirring in my heart and I felt the Holy Spirit speak to me. I had already been sensing that I was supposed to pray over Zachary before he went to bed last night. We always pray with the boys but last night I felt like I was supposed to pray over him...claiming healing and perfect health. So while I was reading, I sensed the Spirit say that I needed to include Daniel in that prayer time. It was the sweetest moment. After we finished our story I told the boys that the Bible tells us to pray for people who are sick and ask God to heal them. I also told them that the Bible tells us to lay hands on them when we pray. (James 5:16) I told Daniel that he was going to pray with mommy for Zachary. I showed him how to put his hand on Zachary's head. We talked about not acting silly. :) They are still brothers, after all...

Daniel laid his little hand on his brother's head and repeated the sweetest little prayer. To watch him come to the Father with a true child-like faith and claim healing and perfect health for his brother was almost more than this mommy could take. After he prayed, I prayed for Zachary. While we were sitting there, I could feel Zachary relaxing and even breathing a little easier. The presence of the Lord in that place was strong...peaceful...calming. After our prayer time I held both boys in my lap while I rocked them and sang praise songs. It was so special.

3 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

That is really sweet. I prayed over Cerys last week when she was sick and I said, "Lord, touch her body and heal her!" That really concerned her. "God can't touch me!!" She freaked out. Oh that child of mine. Just like me.

The Hibbard Family said...

I love it! Thank you for sharing! It has been so neat - I have heard several stories this week (and experienced one myself) of moms truly hearing the Lord and obeying that voice. Every one of the situations has been so precious! Thank you for sharing yours!

Shanna said...

Lendy, that's so precious. How wonderful to include Daniel in that sweet time. And praise the Lord that he chose to heal Zachary, after all of that, right? ;> We mailed Zachary a birthday gift, but I'm not sure it'll get there on Saturday. If it doesn't you can tell him that Jonathan got him something but that it's coming in the mail hopefully Monday. Give him a big birthday hug from us!