...I "smell tired!" I just got home from a wonderful day at the zoo with Zachary's class. The 3 and 4 year old classes had their first field trip today. They loaded up on a real, yellow school bus and had more fun looking for animals. It was a great day for just Zachary and I to be together. He was so sweet and could not wait to move on to another animal. He was even brave enough to go into the bird sanctuary and feed the birds. I got one picture of him holding the little stick of food for the birds. I'll try and post pictures tonight. The highlight of the day was riding on the train. He was helping all the little girls in his class learn how to appropriately call for the the train..."whoo whoo!" He couldn't appreciate their very feminine versions of "whoo whoo!"
One cute story: He is learning to recognize his name and the letters of his name. He can find a "z" anywhere. He's also learned that "z" is for zebra. All morning he kept asking me "where's my zebra?" When we finally found the zebras he was thrilled! He would have stayed there all day. When we realized that our picnic was right next to the zebra exhibit...it was almost more than he could take! Too cute!
I've got to get the special zoo smell off me. I might even take a little nap before getting the boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment