Monday, October 6, 2008

2 1/2 hours later...

UPDATE: everyone is still sleeping. Zachary was running fever again last night so it's no school for him today. He was up coughing at 2:45 but other than that, everyone slept. (except mommy...) I'm off to school today. It's picture day. I wonder if they will photo shop the dark circles from under my eyes :) ________________________________________________________
...and my house is finally quiet. The boys and I left the house at 9:20 for a doctor's appointment and at 11:30 we walked out. It was CRAZY! Both boys are on antibiotics, something for congestion and something for cough. 2 boys...3 prescriptions EACH! I don't have the energy to get into all the details but I can assure you with all the strength on my words, I am becoming less and less fond of our pubic health system. I am very thankful that we have insurance for the boys. I am thankful that we don't have to pay for it. What is getting very old are the assumptions made by tacky receptionists when they hear that we have Medicaid. The assumption is that we are free-loading off the government and that we can't afford to take care of our family. Then mix that with trying to deal with the Medicaid system in general...this mommy is tired, frustrated and mildly angry.

I need a nap.

3 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

I definitely feel your pain! We were on Medicaid for several years and were treated the same way - except, ironically enough, in a family clinic specially formed for low-income, uninsured, and Medicaid families. We were actually treated better there than most other places I've been, insurance or no!

Sean and Lendy said...

Thanks, Ann. It would be nice if there was a family clinic we could use. In our situation, the boys automatically get medicaid as a part of the adoption package from the state. We felt like we should use the insurance while it's available, as put the money we would spend on private insurance in savings. I just get frustrated over being treated differently...it's a stereotype that I wasn't prepared for.

Marc and Charity said...

Oh man, so sorry your boys are sick. We are just recovering from it all. Ugh. Not fun.

That is annoying about the Medicaid thing, I'm sorry y'all are having to deal with rude people!!!!