Thursday, February 28, 2008

The juicy details...

Yesterday was a day that I will never forget. Over the past 8 years, I have imagined many different scenarios of how our children would arrive into our lives. I've mentally planned countless nurserys, planned announcement cards and invisioned parties and moments with our family. Yesterday surpassed all my dreams. I am standing(sitting) here today testifiying that waiting for God's best is the only way to go! Our two boys are perfect for our family. They are exactly what we are supposed to have right now.



The trip took about 1 1/2 hours. The boys slept the entire way there. When we arrived, we quickly got settled in the conference room and met the team. After about 45 minutes of discussion and document signing, we were ready to negotiate our subsidy. I was on the phone for another 45 minutes. Everything was explained to us and we were able to come to an agreement on an amount. It was a huge answer to prayer.

The first thing that I want to make sure I remember is the moment of signing our adoption placement agreement. There was a document for both of the boys. As Sean and I started signing, the adoption liason said that if the kids are old enough, they are often asked to also sign their placement papers. She said the boys were welcome to "sign" their names if they wanted to. So....here are the pictures of Zachary and Daniel "signing" their adoption papers!


The second thing I want to remember is the drive home. Both boys were ready to run and play so Sean and I quickly decided that a trip to McDonald's was needed. As we're trying to make phone calls to family and friends, both boys are yelling, "I want to go to Ol McDonald's!" Sean and I laughed...we sounded and looked like any other American family with preschoolers! Praise God for His many blessings.


The third memory that I will cherish was getting home last night. The boys were exhausted and everyone was ready for bed. We went through our normal bedtime routine and everyone was settling down. Out of nowhere, Daniel crawled up into my lap. He's not a big cuddler so this was extra special. We sang and rocked and he just hugged me. Zachary also sat with me and rocked. It was perfect.


Thank you for all your prayers and support. We are tentatively scheduled for a court date on March 24th. We are needing one more document to be signed and returned to us and we'll be court ready! Praise Him!


The Nicholson's!

"Are we done yet?"

"You go that way..I'll go this way!"

Too cool for words...

"I know I'm cute!"

1 comment:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I am in tears reading this! I'm so happy for you all!! BTW, my guys call it Ol' McDonald's, too. = )