Thursday, February 21, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!

It’s with a huge smile and extreme joy that I tell you that WE HAVE AN ADOPTION PLACEMENT DATE!!! Some of you may be wondering, “but I thought your adoption was finalized.” Not exactly…there have been a lot of paperwork issues and some communication issues that prevented our adoption from moving forward. (If you want more details, go here)Since June, the boys have been considered foster kids and we have been their foster parents. Next Wednesday, February 27th, we will officially be named their adoptive parents. As soon as the meeting is finished, we will legally be able to schedule a court date. Our case worker told me today that our attorney is already working on getting the next available date. We are SO excited!!
I can’t tell you how much we appreciate all your prayers and encouragement over the past 18 months. It’s been an amazing journey. God has revealed Himself over and over again. Zachary and Daniel have an amazing testimony that we pray they will have the opportunity to share. God has been at work in their little lives from a very early age. We are honored that we get to be their parents. Thank you for walking this road with us.

3 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Yeah!!! Happy Dance !!!! You came to mind this week and I sent up a little prayer. SO GLAD to hear this news!!!!

Tad and Monica said...

I'm so glad to hear this!!! Can't wait for the big day.

Sarah said...

Hoooray! Count on my prayers!