Today is it...we've reached the end of the 30-day waiting period in "S" and "T"'s case. So many people have come to me and asked how soon will the boys start living with you. I have to tell them that I don't know. Today simply means that CPS can now legally begin talking about having a meeting to decide on the boys placement. Sometimes I think they'll move quickly so this case will be settled, and other times I think it will still be awhile. A part of me really wanted them to be placed with us before Mother's Day. Is that selfish? Part of my heart feels like their mother already and I want to celebrate that with them and my family. The other part of my heart is still a little nervous to step out on that branch. I have prayed that God will show me before Sunday if we are to celebrate Mother's Day this year. Until then...we're still waiting.
We had an amazing weekend. Between my mom's graduation and lots of play time at my parents house, the boys and Sean and I were happily exhausted. The kids played so well together. My sister's two little s were here for the weekend and it was the first time that the potential cousins played together. They did really well. My sister's oldest turned 4 in February and she was mother hen to everyone. She would get sippy cups, diapers, toys, shoes whenever we asked. She reminded us a lot of me! Her little sister just turned 2 in March and she had a little difficulty at first. She had a hard time realizing that Uncle Sean and Aunt Lendy had two other little people to take care and that she wasn't the baby any more. She is 6 months older than "T". After the first afternoon together, she was over it and they got along fine. My dad just watched the kids together and shook his head. He and my mom had a blast with all the kids around! The truly amazing part is that they all kind of look alike. I took a picture of the four kids on Saturday while they were playing in the Slip-n-Slide. They look like they belong together! :) I marvel at how God is bringing our family together. I have to work at not getting impatient and trying to rush God in this. He knows the best time for all the pieces to come together.
1 comment:
Keep us updated, as you find out things! We are praying!
Post a Comment