Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Favorite time of day


One of the things that I used to dream about was the day that I would get to rock my babies to sleep. For any women who deals with infertility, the image and feeling of rocking a baby is indescribable. It is something that we yearn for and yet can't have. We watch our family and friends as they bond with their children and our hearts hurt because there is nothing that our hearts want more than that moment with our children. There is nothing sweeter than the tender moments shared between a mother and her child while rocking.

My moment came last night. My birthday present from my parents was a glider. My mom and dad said that it was time that I rock my babies. The glider finally came yesterday. Sean quickly assembled it and we immediately fell in love with it.
"T" was the first to be rocked. Both boys had been bathed, brushed teeth and we had settled in for a little t.v. before bed. "T" walked over with his blanket, pacifier and sippy cup and crawled up in my lap. He snuggled in and our first evening of rocking with mommy. All I could do was watch his very heavy, sleepy eyes droop. Within 5-7 minutes he was asleep. It didn't matter that he was already asleep, I rocked him for at least another 10-15 minutes. I didn't want to put him down. My heart was so full of complete and unconditional love for him. I couldn't love him anymore than if I had given birth to him myself. As soon as "T" was in bed, "S" came over and we rocked together. We turned off the t.v. and just talked. We prayed together and he was very good to thank God for his new bubbles and mommy and daddy. Then we sang some songs. His eyes were getting very heavy so I took him to bed.

After both boys were asleep I sat in my new glider and let the tears flow. Oh the love I have for my boys! God is so good!

5 comments:

Tad and Monica said...

So sweet. Made me cry and want to rock my boys.

Marc and Charity said...

Very sweet. Love the glider, oh my, I could curl up in there right now. I wish I had a rocker to rock my girls.

Liz said...

praise God! Your story touches me so much. I love to come back here and see updates. I, too, rock my baby long after he's asleep. These days will be gone too soon...

Dellie said...

Hi, Came to you thro' Marc and Charity's blog. This really touched me. I can't go into why but God really reached me through this post. So thanks for sharing, God bless you and your gorgeous boys
x

Etta said...

What a blessing! I am praising God for your precious gifts right now!! Ther is just nothing like being the mom of 2 boys! I don't know what I did before I had mine!!