I wish I could put into words what I have just witnessed at my house. I have been telling Sean for about a month now that I thought I had seen a mouse. He lovingly brushed me aside...until tonight. As I was sitting her reading through my favorite blogs, two little gray mice went running across my living room floor! I patiently and gently called for Sean. (i.e. "yelled") Just as he walked into the room he saw them scurry from under the coffee table to under the couch. I was sitting in my rocking chair and I see one of the little guys ON THE ARM OF MY COUCH! We both went into action at that point. I ran for the broom and Sean grabbed something to catch them in. We spent the next 10 minutes chasing these guys from one hiding spot to another. They are apparently very familiar with my living room. :( I also notice that Sean is very jumpy. After 11 years of loving this man, I learned tonight that he does NOT like mice. He is down-right freaked out by them. After a few minutes he comes out with some mouse traps. We place them in some strategic locations and we're praying for the best. I wish I could say that these are some of the more humane traps...not so much. These guys don't have a chance.
I would love any ideas/suggestions that anyone can share on how to get rid of mice. And any suggestions on calming my husband! :)
Shhh...Don't tell him I said that! :)
2 comments:
I understand! I've experienced the mouse-running-down-the-hall-husband-standing-in a chair thing myself. = ) To see how we deal with mice take a look at this: http://stephaniesmommybrain.blogspot.com/2007/10/first-skunk-and-now-this.html
Ummm...yeah, let me know how that goes...EEEK!! I so enjoyed catching up on your holiday postings! Glad you enjoyed time with the boys and your family! --Shanna
Post a Comment