We've had a great day so far. The boys and I have made cookies. We're going to decorate them at my mom's house later. We've gotten our bags packed for our overnight stay with Nana and Pawpaw. (my parents) We're making food for the reindeer after naptime. We'll go to church tonight for the candlelight service. It's always an adventure because there is no nursery for this service. The boys will be in "big church" with us. Last year Sean and Zachary spent the entire time in the foyer. Zachary had to go to the bathroom about 5 times and then was really hyper.
I've been working really hard to have some Christmas cheer this year. It's been a hard year...I'll be happy to see 2008 go. It's been mixed with amazing blessings of our adoption being finalized and yet there have been some very difficult and hard times as well. The Lord and I have gone around and around. I've been on my knees more than ever and He's heard my cries. This past fall was especially hard with me being so sick for so long. I've had a really good pity party for the past few months...especially the past few weeks.
The other night I was reading and journaling and I felt the Lord speak to me so clearly. He sent me into Job. I was reading the last few chapters where God reminds Job of everything that He has done and who He is. It was such a good reminder to me. God is the same as He was for Job as He is to me. He has done SO many amazing things for me and my family and I have so many reasons to praise Him! Just the fact that I can get up everyday and live my life with joy and in His presence is enough to be excited about!
So tomorrow as I watch my boys enjoy the presents and the wonder of Santa, I will be rejoicing in who my Savior is and what He has done this year. I will watch them laugh and squeal with excitement and I will pray for the day that they realize the true meaning of Christmas. I will pray for the moment that they realize that the little baby Jesus that sits in their plastic nativity is the only One that can save them from their sins.
May you all be blessed in who He is in your lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment