I have been inspired by other blogs that I have read to share some of my favorite ornaments. I love decorating our Christmas tree. For the first few years we were married, Sean used to call it "my tree". He would say this because my grandparents (both sides) would give us kids an ornament every Christmas. So by the time I was married, I had a great collection. He had about 5. Every year that we've celebrated together, we've bought an ornament to replace one of mine from childhood. Now that we have kids, my parents and grandparents are starting to give them ornaments. At this rate, I'm going to need 2 trees! Anyway....here are a few of my favorite ornaments. Enjoy!

Look closely...1976...Baby's 1st Christmas! That's me!

This was my ornament in 1979...
who doesn't love Big Bird!

I made this when I was 5. It's a nice plastic ball with flowers that were cut out of a magazine. I can't wait for Zachary and Daniel to make one for me! :)

Someone gave this to me in college. It was the first Christmas that I wasn't going to be with my family. I was in Texas...they were in Africa. When I got this in the mail, I just cried and thought of this sweet little angel as my "African Angel." It brought me comfort.

Our dear friends Adam and Erin made this for us in 2006. It was the last Christmas we had before the boys came. It is a very special ornament.


These are Zachary's ornaments from last year and this year. (Sorry it's fuzzy!) They are so cute!:)


Last but certainly not least...these are Daniel's ornaments from 2007 and this year.
I love looking at our tree and remembering all the stories and traditions that are represented. Hope you enjoy seeing a few of my favorites! Merry Christmas!!:)
2 comments:
So special. We are enjoying the same thing. We have a "retired ornament" box where we stash childhood ornaments that have either become too fragile or will no longer fit on the tree but are still treasured. Enjoy growing your tree!
Thank you for sharing some of your sweet memories.
Post a Comment