Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"and the walls came tumbling down...."

I am sitting here looking at the new created gingerbread house and I am praying that the walls don't come down on this house! This was my first time to ever make one of these things and I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. Before anyone gets really impressed, this house came out of a box and was pre-constructed. All we had to do was make the icing and decorate. I had the boys poised and ready. I'm pretty sure there was more licking of fingers than there was candy on the house. If either of them eats lunch I'll be shocked due to the amount of icing that they sampled along the way. :)

It was a fun activity but I'm really glad that it only happens once a year! My little helpers weren't quite as "delicate" and it's questionable if this house will still be standing at the end of the week! :)

1 comment:

The Hibbard Family said...

You're brave! I've seen those kits every year, but haven't quite had the guts to dig in with the girls. We're still in the "decorating the sugar cookies" mode. You'll have to post a picture of the creation while it's standing! :-)