Monday, December 15, 2008

That'll look nice in a picture...

For anyone who has spent any length of time with my boys lately, will tell you that they have very different personalities. Zachary is the ruler follower-make sure everyone is doing as they were told-kid. He is funny and creative but he will make sure that all his ideas are "within the lines" so to speak. He is a very neat person as well. He'll get dirty and do "little boy" things while playing but he'll also be the first to clean up. Daniel is not that way AT ALL. Daniel is messy, spontaneous, and always looking for a good time. He is always laughing and loves making other people laugh. He is the kid that smeared his chocolate pudding on someone and told the class, "look, it's poo-poo!" Nice.

So this brings us to the event of tonight. Sean was helping Zachary get dressed for bed. Daniel was dancing and jumping around in the living room. Just as I was saying, "Daniel, watch out for the table" I heard the "thump" and then the silent scream. It's bad when the crying is happening but no sound is coming out. I run over and the blood is in his mouth. After a few minutes of swishing and spitting, I see that he has bumped his cheek which caused him to bite the inside of his cheek pretty badly. Thankfully it wasn't all the way through. Before going to bed I see the lovely purple tint coming out. Great. That's going to look great in the morning.

The next 20 years or so are going to be fun!

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Ah... life with boys. The first time Will fell and bloodied his lip I panicked and called the doctor. In my defense it bleed A LOT and you could see teeth marks on the outside, though it didn't go all the way through. Now I barely give blood a second thought - other than "don't get it on any clothes or furniture." = ) I wonder what life with girls is like...

kami said...

Tell Stephanie's Mommy Brain that life with girls is the same as with boys. At least with Hope!! It is amazing how quickly kids get over being hurt but the mom and dad's heart rate is still in the danger zone. The boys are totally different but it is cute how much they protect and love each other. You guys are doing a fantastic job with them. You are great parents!