I don't know about anyone else but I'm very excited that a new year is here. I've done some reflecting over 2008 and it was exhausting. We had some amazing times and we've had a lot of adjustment. We finalized our adoption and began the journey of learning how to be family. We've learned how to manage two very happy and rambunctious little boys...or maybe they learned how to manage us?!? :) I learned to love firetrucks, cars, trains, rough housing in the house, little boy humor (there is something uniquely different in what girls and boys find funny) and very sweet cuddly moments when my little men need some mommy time. We have all fallen more in love with each other.
I'm welcoming 2009 with open arms and some excitement to see what the Lord will do this year. This will be the first year since 2006 that we are not focusing on any major life events. In January 2006 we started the process to build our house. In January 2007 we were in the thick of waiting to see if the boys would be placed with us. January 2008 we were trying to finalize our adoption as we stumbled through the CPS legal system.
So what will 2009 bring to our family? I'm praying for continued good health, blessings on our family and Sean's business and just falling more and more in love with Jesus and each other.
Here's to a blessed year!
No comments:
Post a Comment