Thursday, January 29, 2009

Boys will be boys...

One of the things that I am learning is that I must let my sons be the little boys that God created them to be. I know that sounds like a "duh" statement but for someone who like to feel in control of things...that can be a challenge. I have been on a personal journey lately of letting go and I am realizing that means my boys too. I realize that there will be times when I have to let them experience the world...even if that means there's a mess to clean up. Don't get me wrong...I'm not letting them go wild but I'm also letting them have a little freedom. I am searching for balance. Here's an example of my "letting go"...
Zachary and Daniel explained to me that this was called"mud soup".
It was great seeing them add the ingredients (grass, rocks, sticks). My favorite was when Daniel found something and said that it was the "meat". I couldn't help but grab the camera! As I was snapping pictures I thought to myself...it's only dirt, water and some great memories!

1 comment:

Marc and Charity said...

I 'm there too- letting girls be girls- the giggling, CONSTANT talking :) and other things that I find rather annoying at the moment. Trying to let go of myth that is the "perfect mother" and chill out a bit.

The mud soup looks like lots of fun!