I'm at a loss for words. My head is full, my heart is crammed with memories and joy that I will carry with me forever but my feet and back are KILLING me! My baby brother is now a married man and I think if he smiled any bigger, his face will break. :) He and Aimee are deeply in love and so happy. The ceremony was amazing. My dad married them and I have never heard a better presentation of marriage...and that's not just because he's my dad. He had John take Aimee's hand and look at her palm. He went on and talked to John about how fragile and petite her hands are and that those are the hands of his best friend. He said a lot about how her hands will be the ones that support him, comfort him, walk with him and dream with him. Then Aimee took John's hand and dad talked to her about the roles that John will be for her. It was amazing. After they were pronounced and kissed, they lit their unity candle and shared the Lord's Supper together. It was very moving. John did well holding in the tears until communion time. He was holding on by a thread but then pulled it together.
Everything was beautiful and very romantic. The reception was at the church and everyone had a great time. There was some dancing, lots of laughing and smiling. We sent them off under showers of rose petals.
On a side note...my boys did GREAT! They were adorable in their tuxes and they made it down the aisle with grace and peace. Thank you Jesus! It would NOT have been possible without our dear and precious friends, Adam and Erin. They took them home after the rehersal last night and put them to bed. Sean and I were able to have a "night out" and enjoy some very special time with John. They kept the boys busy before the ceremony and then sat with them during. They kept them active and happy during the reception and then brought them home and put them to bed for us. They are priceless! Thanks guys...dinner is on us very soon! :)
I have more to say and pictures to post but my bed is calling. I'll have sweet dreams tonight!
2 comments:
YEAH, Lendy!! YEAH John and Aimee!!! YEAH Zachary and Daniel!I'm so glad that everything worked out and that the ceremony was beautiful. My brother gets married in April, so soon I'll be adding a sister, too! Much love to you, friend! --Shanna
I can't believe your brother is married. I still see him as the pesky little boy from 20 years ago. I'm so glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment