Today is the beginning of an event that my family has looked forward to and dreaded all at the same time. My baby brother is getting married! We are so excited to see he and Aimee start their lives together. God has blessed John and the rest of us with a PRECIOUS new family member. She has already become a dear friend and sister and my boys love "Aunt Aimee". I've never seen John look at another person the way he looks at Aimee. She thinks he's pretty special too! :) They will be married tomorrow and we're all involved somehow. Jennifer and I are bridesmaids, Sean and Kody are ushers, the boys are ringbearers and my nieces are flowergirls. My dad is marrying them. My mom will sit proudly and watch her baby boy leave her nest for the last time. I've not allowed myself to get emotional about the day. I should probably let myself have a good cry before tomorrow...that won't be pretty during the ceremony! I'm hoping that I'll be too focused on making sure my boys behave and make it down the aisle!
We have mani/pedis this morning, rehersal and dinner tonight, brunch tomorrow and picture start at 4:30. The big event is at 7:00. I will have LOTS of pictures to share next week. :)
If you think about it, say a prayer for John and Aimee as they begin their life together. Pray for protection and guidance. Pray that they will always remember these vows and the One that they made them with. Pray that the Lord will bless them with years of happiness, blessings and love. Pray that my boys behave...that's just a little extra from this momma! :)
Happy Wedding!
2 comments:
Fun!! It is a little strange when your "little" brother gets married. Can't wait to see pictures of your handsome men all dressed up!
How did it go??!! How did it go??!!
Post a Comment