It's not even 5 a.m. and I can tell that it's going to be a HCD...High Caffeine Day. At 4:15 this morning, I am stirred out of my deepest sleep by crying. I realize that it's Daniel and I get up to check on him. He and Zachary share a room so my first concern is his crying will wake up his brother. As I get to him, the crying intensifies and I hear "I want my mousie-mousie!" (pronounced mouse-y)
WHAT!?!
It's 4:00 in the morning and he has suddenly woken up and realized that this precious little stuffed animal is not in his bed. He is crying over a little gray, stuffed mouse that we got ages ago in a McDonald's happy meal. He found it about 2 weeks ago and has not let go of it. Two nights ago, I barely caught it before it went in the tub. I tried giving him the stuffed rabbit, puppy dog, Bubba, (his Build-A-Bear that is a Dallas Cowboy...it's a long story!) NONE of these would do. So I did what any mother would do...go wake up dadddy! The last I heard about mousie-mousie, it was in Sean's car. He was thrilled and excited to get up(ha!) and go into the garage to dig around for a little stuffed mouse. Praise Jesus it was in there amd the second I hand it to Daniel, the crying stops. He goes right to sleep.
I'm laying on the couch wide awake. I better get the coffee pot started...
1 comment:
Funny the things kids get fixated on. At least it's Friday! = )
Post a Comment