Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sniff...Sniff...they do grow up!

Tonight was a big night at our house. We officially moved out of the baby phase. Both of my boys are now in "big boy" beds. We got a lead on a set of bunk beds last week. We went to see them last night and they were too good to not grab em up. We got a set of beds, mattresses, dresser and wall shelf for $300. On top of that, it's Cargo furniture so it will withstand a lot of rough and tough days. My brother went and picked up the furniture for us today and he and his friend Brad put everything together. My friend Erin helped me redecorate their room and put the final touches on everything. She was so wonderful! My mom was here for a little while entertaining the boys so that they weren't under foot. Sean was reorganizing closets so that we could make room for all the stuff that seemed to come out of nowhere! As soon as the beds were up, I jumped in the car and went to Babies R Us and bought the best, most sturdy bed rails I could find. The boys are certainly "tucked in"!

It's hard to believe that less than a year ago we were getting ready for our boys to come to our home and we were dealing with cribs and toddler beds. (read here and here) Now I have a set of bunk beds and two head strong adorable preschoolers. I've already talked to God and asked if he could slow things down a bit and not let them grow up too much faster. I'd like to have my little boys for a bit longer. :)

There will be pictures soon of the new room.

1 comment:

Marc and Charity said...

That is awesome!!! We are trying to decide right now if we are going to do bunk beds or not...can't decide. Bailey is still in her crib, hasn't tried climbing out so not sure if I will wait till that happens or not! :)