We have our papers!!! They came in the mail today (Friday) and I've never seen anything better in my life. It's the coolest thing to read through them and to see the boys be declared our children. I have to share with you my favorite part...the blank spaces are our last names that I'm leaving out for security purposes. Thanks for understanding
"The court further finds that it is in the best interest of the child, "TS", that he be adopted by Petitioners. The Court further find that it is in the best interest of the child that his name be changed to Daniel James ___________. It is, therefore, ordered, adjudged and decreed that Petitioner's request to adopt the child, "TS" be and hereby is granted; that the name of said child be and hereby is changed to Daniel James ___________; that Daniel James ______________ is hereby declared adopted by Petitioners in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas; and that the parent-child relationship now exists between the child, Daniel James ______________ and Petitioners Sean Carrington ___________ and Lendy Catherine _______________, as if such child had been born to Petitioners. "
A few paragraphs later...
The court further finds that it is in the best interest of the child, "SS", that he be adopted by Petitioners. The Court further find that it is in the best interest of the child that his name be changed to Zachary William ___________. It is, therefore, ordered, adjudged and decreed that Petitioner's request to adopt the child, "SS" be and hereby is granted; that the name of said child be andhereby is changed to Zachary William ___________; that Daniel James ______________ is hereby declared adopted by Petitioners in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas; and that the parent-child relationship now exists between the child, Zachary William ______________ and Petitioners SeanCarrington ___________ and Lendy Catherine _______________, as if such child had been born to Petitioners."
Wow! I don't have words to explain what this feels like. I can only imagine it's a little like holding a baby for the first time. These are our sons...It hit me tonight how our Heavenly Father must throw a party in heaven when one of His children come to him and receive His grace, forgivenss and salvation for the first time. When one person is adopted into His family and receives all the rights and privledges that He outlines for us in His Word. I can't wait to teach my boys about their heritage and share with them the lengths that we and so many other people went to in order for them to have a better life. What our Father must feel when we come to Him! He must be absolutely beside Himself ... waiting to show and teach all that is in His Word!
I'm starting to get the big picture and little better...
3 comments:
Hey guys,
We are so excited for you. So glad it is finally final! It's been quite a road. Congrats and many blessings on your beautiful family.
Marc
Congratulations!!! I have tears in my eyes (happy tears!) after reading the wording of the papers. Wonderful news!
My favorite post so far!!! :) We are thrilled for you and I can't even imagine how cool it was to read those papers, thank for sharing them with us! What a great day for y'all!!!
Post a Comment