You know that feeling you get when you are nearing the end of the wildest roller coaster ride ever? You're sitting there being thrown from side to side, up and down, twisted and turned and you're thinking..."this has to end soon...this has to end soon." As the ride slowly approaches the gate, you realize that your adreneline is raising and you're still smiling. Even through all the unknowns of the ride, the scary hills that when crested seemed to drop from the sky, you're still smiling in the end. Sometimes you look at your neighbor and say "let's do that again!" Sometimes you're happy to be done with the ride and are proud that you stuck it through to the end.
This is how I'm feeling right now. I've been on a phone call frenzee today and as far as I can tell, our adoption papers have been signed and filed! That means that we are finished! This crazy ride is ending and we are still smiling. I'll truly take a deep breath when the papers are in my hand but for now, I can rest a little easier knowing that the judge has signed the papers.
This has been the craziest ride of my life. I'm not sure if I'd look at Sean and say "let's do it again" but I'm definelty still smiling. I'm very proud of how we stuck it out in the end. It's all about God's grace and strenth that carried us.
How are you riding your roller coaster?
2 comments:
HOORAY!!! HOORAY!!! HOORAY!!!! We're sending up lots and lots of praises to God right now that the adoption is final. So very very happy for you guys.
Congratulations guys! That's such great news.
Post a Comment