Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This is who I am...

For the past few weeks, the Lord has been leading me down a path of thinking that has been very interesting. One of the things that I have enjoyed this summer is being able to have a more regular quiet time. During my quiet time, the Lord and I have been discussing the future. Not to say or even imply that the present isn't great, but I've always looked and searched for what is "next." I've also been reading and studying about my destiny (thank you to Esther and Beth Moore's bible study!). Very slowly the Lord has been revealing to me that it's quite possible that what I had planned for myself, wasn't exactly what HE has planned for me.

What a concept!!! (Thankfully, I can smile at myself and laugh a little!)

I never imagined myself living in a small, brick house in a typical little neighborhood. I never saw myself teaching for 11 years. I'm about to start my 12th year of teaching and that thought blows my mind! I am about to start teaching 4th grade for the 4th year in a row...that's a record for me. I've never taught anything longer than 3 years. I've been at my current school longer than any other place. I never knew I could love 2 little people as much as I love my boys. I never thought I would get to a place of contentment over the thought of never being pregnant and having a baby. (quite honestly, the thought of adding a baby into this crazy house makes me tired! ha!)

When I look at that list, I see a lot of "I". This summer has been a lesson and journey in letting go of the "I" and letting the Lord lead. My entire life has been spent looking for the next thing, planning for the next stage of life rather than just enjoying where I am and letting the Lord lead. I have asked for His forgiveness for the opportunities that I've missed because of MY planning. My desire is to seek His face every morning and just soak in the place He has me right now. I want to radiate contentment and joy in every circumstance.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

You are amazing...I love you my friend...