I have never been so happy to see a weekend end. It's been a long 3 days around here. We haven't done anything different. Our schedule has been the same but for whatever reason, the boys woke up Friday morning in a mood. They have been grumpy, whiny, fussy, (sounds like the 7 dwarfs!). There have been many timeouts - for them and me - and we are about 30 minutes from bedtime. The best thing we did today was go to church for 3 hours. We all enjoyed our time in Sunday School and worship. The music was awesome and the Spirit was certainly present. It was AMAZING to the see the difference in the boys. They were so much more peaceful, calm and sweet. They sat at the lunch table and were perfect little gentlemen. It was kind of funny because I had just gotten finished telling my mom how hard the weekend had been. She just smiled!
We are gearing up for the last few weeks of summer. Four weeks from tomorrow we will all be headed out the door for the first day of school. We got the boys supply lists in the mail on Friday. Daniel is SO excited he can hardly stand it. We were talking tonight about what kind of lunchbox and backpack he wants to buy. I've been searching through all the newspaper ads looking for the best deals on school supplies. Tomorrow we are going to make a calendar so that the boys can mark off the days until schools starts.
I am going back to my classroom this week. Sean and I have worked out a schedule so that I can have one day a week for the next 3 weeks to work. I'm really looking forward to it. I've got some ideas for this next school year that I think are going to be awesome. I love starting a new school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment