It seems like all I've written about lately is how bad I've been feeling. I'm so sorry. I know I should be documenting all the precious, wonderful and adorable things my boys do everyday but...to be honest, I haven't been in a very "mommy" mood lately. I checked the calendar today and realized that I started feeling bad 4 weeks ago this past Monday. I should have gone to the doctor the minute I realized that over-the-counter meds weren't taking care of the problem. But, in my typical fashion, I waited a week before going to the doctor and when I finally went, the diagnosis was bronchitis.
Well...today's experience was another chapter of this saga. I noticed yesterday that I was coughing more and the past 2 nights have been restless. So, I went back to the doctor this afternoon ready and willing for her to tell me that I was recovering and just be patient. Not so much! After listening to my chest, she tells me that there is still wheezing in both lungs (really!) but that she hears something else on my right side. When this happens it usually means one thing...pneumonia! She sent me to the hospital for a chest x-ray. I'll hear from the doctor tomorrow morning if it's pneumonia.
I also get to fill 3 prescriptions...one of them being an antibiotic that cost $75 the last time I filled it. Then we get to wait for the radiology bill to come from the hospital...nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment