Saturday, November 29, 2008

Can I get a hallelujah!?!

Today(Friday) was a big day in Daniel's life. He went the entire day (minus naptime) in his underwear with NO accidents! It was great! He also woke up dry from his nap and made to the bathroom in time for some "sitting down" time. He was so proud of himself. We called Nana and shared the news with her. We talked about what a big boy he is and how proud we were. He was beaming. He is getting pretty good about telling us when he needs to potty. I was happy with today's achievements until tonight. He really surprised me. We were getting ready for bed and I hear him wimpering. I go back there and ask him what is wrong. Through his wimpers he tells me that he needs to potty. YEAH! I get him up and carry him to the bathroom. Sure enough, he had to go! I helped him get dressed and carried him back to bed. He is sound asleep right now. We are moving right along with this potty training thing! Thank you, Lord. :)

Zachary said something yesterday that really made me laugh. He walked in the room right as I was hanging up the phone. He asked me who was I talking. I told him "Santa Claus". The look on his face was priceless. You could see the wheels turning. The rest of the conversation went something like this.
Zachary: "what did you tell him"
Me: "I told him that I would call him later and tell him what you wanted for Christmas.
Do you know what you want for Christmas?"
Zachary: silence...lots of thinking....
Me: "You better have an idea before I call him again."
Zachary: I know. I want some Thomas stuff.
Me: "Sounds good."
Zachary: "Call him right now, Mommy."

I was telling Sean that I am really excited about this Christmas. Last year was special because it was our first Christmas as a family. This year is exciting because the boys are older and they are really beginning to understand the season. We had a good time tonight talking about the people in their Nativity set. I'm looking forward to telling them the story and watching them learn it. We had a good time decorating the tree tonight. They both jumped in and were ready to help. I told Sean that I deserve some credit for not going behind them and moving the ornaments that are clumped together. I letting some of my perfectionism go and letting my children be creative! :) I will post some pictures of their creation! It's been a good day!

1 comment:

Doug Hibbard said...

Ah, you remind me of myself! The only ornaments I moved were the ones on the very bottom branches that would be knocked off by gifts. Consider this a congratulations and a pat on the back from across the miles. AND, and great, big, huge YAY for Daniel! Getting back up out of bed is a huge step! YAY!