We are finally home after a WONDERFUL weekend away. We had the best time at the marriage retreat. We met some great people who have kids about the same age as ours. It was so nice to be with other adoptive parents. In order to go on this retreat you had to have adopted children through the State. So we were able to sit and talk to people who "spoke our language". We were able to hear that some of the things that we deal with are very normal. We were able to share experiences and feelings and not have to explain the feelings at the same time. It was SO nice to be with other couples who know what it is like to blend a new family together. But more than anything, it was wonderful to just be together. The past month has been more than hard. I've been sick for over a month. It was great to just sit and talk to each other and get caught up.
I learned a lot this weekend. I'm processing a lot of information right now. If I don't update the blog much this week, know that there will be something soon. We left the hotel today feeling very refreshed and encouraged.
God is so good.
1 comment:
Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! I'd love to read about some of the lessons you learned.
Post a Comment