The turkey and dressing are put away. Sean has joyfully (NOT!) climbed through the maze that is our garage and pulled out all my...I mean, OUR Christmas decorations. Nat King Cole is singing his heart out as my house is slowly transforming! Zachary is still sleeping but Daniel and I have had a great time talking about everything as it came out of the box. The sweetest moment was when he saw the Nativity set that belongs to he and Zachary. It's a Little People set that is plastic and is so cute! They got it last year and played with it some. This year is going to be very different. :) Both boys are much more independent and can pretend play much better. Zachary is also becoming quite the storyteller. He is constantly making up stories with his train people so I can't wait to see what happens with Baby Jesus! :) HA!
I just looked over and Daniel has lined up the Wise Men, Shepherds, Mary and Joseph in a line and said that they were riding a train. Sounds good to me...I'm sure Mary would have preferred a train! :)
2 comments:
I think we have the same set. It's great! They can play with Mary & Joseph and I don't have to worry about anything getting broken. Joel had to work today (Friday) so we'll be setting everything up tomorrow.
We have the same set, too - among others. The kids have loved it for years! One year, Olivia (she was three at the time) took a toy, fashioned it into a cross, put the manger on it, and explained to me that Baby Jesus would grow up and go to the cross. As you start teaching the boys, you'll begin to see things like that crop up that will just melt your heart. It is truly, truly precious to see our babies grow up in the Lord! Enjoy it! :-)
Post a Comment