Saturday, November 8, 2008

Did I ever really have control?

UPDATE: Daniel managed to stay in underwear for about 50% of the weekend. We've all noticed this past week that he is really enjoying any play time he gets. He's very happy playing with their train set and being with Zachary. He's going to need reminders to go to the bathroom. More fun times to come!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm beginning to realize that I never really had control. He's way too smart and I'm realizing that he's had control all this time. I'm talking about my precious, adorable, funny, cute and HARD HEADED son. Daniel has decided that he is ready to potty train. He's woken up twice this week completely dry. We've been using a sticker chart to keep track of each time he wakes up dry. He decided that when the chart was full, he would pick out a new toy. Little did he know that we already had something! :)

So, last night we got out the new toy and showed it to him. He was excited! It's sitting on top of the fridge. When we got out of the bathtub, he said he wanted underwear. We doubled up and got out some plastic pants. Of course he was wet this morning but it's a start.

This morning he immediately wanted to get on the potty and get dry underwear. Now here is the problem...he thinks it's time for his new toy. We've been discussing this morning that he has to fill up his chart and have lots of dry days....no wet underwear. What's Daniel solution? Walk around with NO underwear and sit on the toilet for hours. He has been sitting there for about 20 minutes...willing the pee to come.

Let the fun times roll....

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

A friend of mine trained her guy by letting him go around the house naked for a few days. It worked for her.

When they decide they don't like being wet THEN potty training is easy. My guys took forever to decide that. Now I need them to always choose to potty over playing. Sigh... eventually I'll have everyone trained, right?