Saturday, November 22, 2008

I hope I look as good...

I am in West Texas this weekend with almost ALL of my mom's side of the family. There are only 3 grandkids not here.  There are over 25 of us here to celebrate my grandmother's 75th birthday.  She didn't know we were coming.  We all drove/flew in last night and showed up at her doorstep at 9:00 this morning with balloons and breakfast.  She was shocked!  I got some great pictures.   We ate and had a great time catching up.  The biggest surprise came when she opened her gifts.  Her "big" present was a surprise party that is happening at 2:00 today.  My mom had wrapped up the invitation.  My grandmother was so excited.  She kept saying over and over, "there's a party today?!?"  

I was telling Sean last night that I pray that I got my grandmother's genes when it comes to aging.  She doesn't look anywhere near her age.  She is always surprising people when they find out how old she is.  May I be as blessed! 

Happy Birthday, Memaw!

No comments: