Friday, August 3, 2007

Finally...some time to write!

I feel like I need a great big glass of iced tea and a nap! I am pulling double-duty right now...mommy and daddy. Sean is out of town on a business trip and won't be home until Sunday. He's been gone since Wednesday. For all the single moms out there I salute you! I don't know how they do it! It's been a good week with just me and the boys but I am tired. I'm ready for Sean to come home.

So...what have we been up to for the past few weeks? We made a quick weekend trip to Beaumont to visit my sister's family about 2 weeks ago. The cousins had fun playing together. Everyone was learning how to share. The funniest part was watching the 4 year old as she saw her princess/fairy godmother wand be used as a drumstick for two very busy little boys. She came running to me saying, "Aunt Lendy, they're not doing it right!" She couldn't quite understand that the boys weren't going to play "princess" like she was used to! Overall it was a good trip!Last week was pretty quiet. School starts soon so we've been trying to get the boys on a "school" schedule. So far we're not doing to great. It's so hard to go in and wake them up when they are sleeping so peacefully. I've been going to school for a few hours everyday. I've been cleaning and getting things ready for a new year.

I did have a wonderful time visiting some dear friends this week. I took the boys to visit my former principal and dear friend. She has been more than a principal to me over the years. She is a true soul sister. She has prayed for my children as much as I have and it was pure joy introducing my boys to her. We had fun talking and marveling in all the God has done for us. It was great seeing old teammates and sharing our joy with them. I guess that's it for now. The laundry is not getting down and I feel a nap coming on. Until next time...

2 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

Hey, I hope you get some rest soon. I can't believe school is starting back up!

Stephanie said...

I have no idea how single moms do it. Or any mom who's husband travels regularly or is in the military!!

Boys definitely play different from girls. My guys constantly scare my RI friends who have girls. = )