Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Eight things...


I was tagged by Stephanie at Stephanie's Mommy Brain to share eight things about my marriage. Hope you enjoy! :)

1. Sean and I are both MKs - a.k.a. missionary kids. Our parents were/are missionaries in West Africa. We grew up in different countries and we didn't meet until college.


2. Our first date (at least what I consider our first date! It's a long story!) was on Sean's 25th birthday. We were students at Ouachita Baptist University and I asked him out. Every year there is an event called TWIRP Week - "The Women Is Required To Pay". So, I took him to dinner in Hot Springs. We went to Applebee's.


3. Sean proposed to me on Christmas day. He had wrapped my ring in a coffee mug that said "My teacher is the apple of my eye." When I opened it and saw the ring box inside he immediately got down on one knee and proposed in front of my ENTIRE family - grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents. He was a very brave man!

4. We've been married for 9 years. All but 1 bridesmaid and 1 groomsmen were MKs. It was a very international group!

5. We have lived in Fort Worth since the day we were married. Since I am a school teacher it was easier for me to find a job first and then Sean would settle there too. We lived in an apartment until last August when we moved into our first house. We were able to build it from the ground up.

6. We have 2 little boys that we are in the process of adopting. Zachary will be 3 in October and Daniel will be 2 in September. They are 11 months apart! It makes life very interesting. We tried to have a baby for 7 years before God led us to our two precious boys. We always knew we wanted to be parents but nothing describes the pure JOY we feel now that they are here.

7. Before we are boys came along, one of our favorite things to do is to go to the Saturday afternoon matinee movie. We would sleep in and then go to an early movie and dinner. I don't know what sounds better right now...sleeping in or a nice quiet dinner for two. I'm thinking sleeping in...

8. Sean's the best friend I never knew I needed...that sounds like something cheesy from a movie. But, it's true. He doesn't mind watching romantic comedies with me and let's me get emotional from time to time. :) He's strong and dependable when I need him and an amazing father to our two boys. I am a very blessed woman.

I made to 8 and it wasn't that hard! I'm tagging my friend Shanna now!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, the sleep! Pick the sleep!! = ) Great job.