I had very good intentions of blogging everyday. That hasn't happened! Oh well...life gets in the way at times. The past month has gone by so fast and my family is seeing and receiving God's blessings. I wish there was a way and time for me to write down all the ways that the Lord has blessed my family. If anyone had told me 6 months ago that I would be more in love with my husband I would have called them crazy. God is doing something amazing in our lives and I couldn't be more excited!
The biggest change is happening in me. For SO many years, I would pray and pray that God would do a work in Sean. That the changes that I thought needed to happen in Sean's life would come to be. When I finally let that go, God has been gracious enough to show me that I needed to change. Ouch. So, on January 3rd, I took a step towards that change and joined Weight Watchers. I'm not saying that the changes that needed to happen were only with diet. However, starting with what I was eating and how I have looked at food was the first place to start. Up to this point, I've lost 17.5 lbs! I feel great. I am wearing a size smaller pants and I'm beginning to see an increase in my energy.
Seeing some progress in my eating habits has allowed for God to peel back a few more layers. I found myself asking some really hard questions. Why has food been so important to me? Why have I run to it in times of difficulty? How do I get out from under the control of emotional eating and let God have that part of me? Do I even believe that I can let go?
I wish I could say that I have answers to all of these questions. I'm getting closer to some of the answers. The best I can say right now is that as I am released from the stronghold of emotional eating, I am craving the Word more and more. This is ONLY by the grace of my Savior that this is happening. The temptation is still there to grab food when I'm feeling overwhelmed, stressed or any other negative emotion. But I'm trying to grab my Scripture memory cards instead. Or get a drink of water. Or talk to my husband and lean into his leadership.
My favorite verse right now that I am claiming and clinging (life as a teacher is my state is hard right now...annual testing season has begun!) to is Isaiah 43:1-4. Read and be blessed!
"Fear no, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy ONe of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush adn Seba in your stead. Since you are precious and honored in y sight, and because I love you, I will give men inexchange for you, and people in exchange for your life."
2 comments:
Lendy, you've got me crying! Congrats on your Weight Watchers start and losing 17.5 pounds!!! You go girl!! Have you read Mad to Crave by Lysa Terkurst? I just read it and you HAVE TO GET IT. Her basic principle is that we crave food/something else more than we crave God. It hit me right between the eyes and your post made me think about it.
Way to go on losing 17.5 pounds!! Emotional eating is so tricky!! I completely agree with Charity. Made to Crave is an amazing book and all about exactly what you are talking about in this post.
Post a Comment