Friday, February 18, 2011

Up one side and down the other...

This week...

This week has been lllooonnnggg.  I know that technically it's been the same 5-day work week like every other work week but...I am going home today feel battered and bruised.  I have worked hard and still yet been reminded that sometimes that isn't enough.  This week has been a startling reminder that I am not doing this job alone.  If it wasn't for my amazing husband, I don't think I would have made it.  He has cooked dinner, cleaned, taken care of the boys and been ready to minister to me.  He has listened to me complain, held me while I cried and prayed over me when I needed to let it all go.  I love that man. 

I'm trying really hard to look for the lesson in this week.  Sometimes my emotions get the better of me and I'm not able to see past the moment.  I'm working hard to let go of how I "feel" and look for God in the moment.  But right now...I don't want to do anything but have a little pity party.  The deepest part of me just wants to sit down, cross my arms and take the attitude of "fine...do it yourself." 

Even as I think those words and see them appear on the screen, I hear the Holy Spirit in my heart gently speaking.  Don't receive a spirit of fear or defeat..."For we do not have a spirit of fear but of love, power and sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7) 

So...I'm going to go home and love being with my family.  I'm going to look for ways to show love and be love to everyone I come in contact.  I will be joyful and let God minister to me.

No comments: