I wish I could bottle this day. It is absolutely beautiful. The sky is a clear blue with not a cloud in site. The sun is shining with just the right amount of wind blowing. I'm sitting on a park bench listening to my boys run, play and laugh. This is my happy place. I love watching them play and listen to their conversations. Even with the occasional squabble, they love being together.
After the day that I have had, I needed this time outside to just sit and listen. I am choosing to sit and just be a mommy for a little bit. (Rather than the tired, frazzled teacher that I was earlier today.) I am choosing to let my God minister to my heart through their laughter. I am listening to their conversations and I'm seeing that they really do listen to their daddy and me. Ha! Speaking of laughter...Zachary is cracking up over the fact that he just dumped playground rocks down his little brother's pants. Excellent.
I truly do love my job. I love being in the classroom and being a part of the learning process. Seeing my student's faces light up when they finally "get it" is priceless. But as I sit here with my boys, I'm loving that I am their teacher too. I get to guide their minds and hearts through life. I am called to be the one who shows them how to love God, serve those around them and ultimately be the hand of Jesus to all.
This is my happy place.
No comments:
Post a Comment