I have enjoyed the past few weeks of taking a break from blogging. I have taken breaks before but not intentionally. I decided to not blog (and not feel guilty for not blogging) through the rest of the holidays. It was so wonderful...the holidays, that is! We did whatever we wanted to do and loved every minute. It was by far one of the best Christmas seasons that this family has experienced in a LONG time. Sean and I had much to celebrate. As we joyfully celebrated the birth of Jesus and the newness that comes with it, we recognized the "new birth" in our marrige. We are seeing each other and our marriage in a new light and it is good.
This past Christmas we started a new tradition in our family. Well...I guess since it was the first year it isn't a tradition yet. Sean's dad gave us a very fun advent calendar. The boys loved reading a little part of the story each night. We would talk about what happened and then hang the ornament/book on a little tree. By the time we got to the end, the boys could tell the entire Christmas story. It was a awesome family time.
Now that 2011 is here, we are hitting the ground running. We have spent time thinking and praying over our goals for this year. Sean and I feel like God is telling us to "sit and receive". We know that we still need to continue to heal and restore our lives together. We have come so far but we know there is more that God can do. We also feel that while we sit with our Father, we need to be in a constant attitude of receiving whatever the Lord brings...His Word, instructions, guidance.
Stay tuned more often...I'll be blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment