Friday, February 13, 2009

Melts my heart...

Let me just start by saying that "they" were right. There is nothing greater than the love and bond between mothers and their boys. I watched the bond between my mom and my brother and there was something special about it. I've watched my aunt and her 3 boys and I knew that I wanted the same thing with my 2 little guys. When the boys moved in (almost 2 years ago! WOW!) one of the hardest things for me was that didn't just wake up and "feel" like a mom. I didn't just look at them and know that I was their mother...I wasn't the one who gave them life but I was the one that would love them and raise them. It's been a long, difficult but amazing journey. I was telling Sean earlier this week that I am so crazy in love with those boys that I can't remember not loving them. I love being their mom! Don't get me wrong, it's a hard job but I'm loving it more and more.

Last night was one of those nights when I wanted to freeze time and beg God to cement the moment in my mind. I love that both of my boys are beginning to ask questions about God. Daniel is especially inquisitive. He is usually the one that asks Sean "where is God?" Last night I got the questions.

We were driving home from the store (buying last minute Valentine cards for school!) and Zachary commented on the shape of the clouds. Daniel asked, "mommy, does God live in the clouds?" I said yes. I told him that God is everywhere. He was quiet and then asked, "mommy, can I go in the clouds and see God?" Wow. I told him no, but he can't go in the clouds to see God but that he can ask God in his heart and talk to Him all the time. He seemed happy with that answer. A little bit later he said that he wanted to go in the clouds to see God with Aunt Jiff (my sister) and Uncle Kody (her husband).

My heart just melted. I'm so thankful that even now, God is drawing my boys to Himself and revealing Himself to them.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Thanks!! This pregnancy is totally different from Jonathan's--I'm actually excited about it! I think having a sibling will be really, really good for him--he desperately needs a playmate! I loved looking back over your last few posts--especially the one about Skylar!! TOOOOOOOOO funny! Glad to hear that Daniel is doing well in the Montessori--our last conversation came at just the right time, because the next Mon I had an incident at MOPS that I'll have to tell you about. Let's just say there's a nursery worker that I will NEVER let watch Jonathan again...Hope to talk to you soon!