Friday, August 15, 2008

See you next summer!

It's hard to believe that it's here...the end of summer.  Well...not exactly.  The temperatures outside say that's it's still very much summer and will feel like summer well into October.  The calendar says something else...school starts.  I'm officially back to work on Monday and our relaxed summer schedule comes to an end.  It's back to early bedtimes and even earlier wake up times.  Zachary, Daniel and I will be leaving the house by 6:30 every morning so that we can all get to school on time.  We'll be spending quiet, calm evenings at home and craving our time together on the weekends.  In some ways I'm going to miss our summer schedule but in some ways I'm ready for a more consistant routine.  I know the boys are ready! :) 

So what does the next few months hold for our family?  Daniel's birthday, Sean's birthday, Zachary's birthday, football games, visit to the pumpkin patch with Jonathan, soccer games(I think Zachary might start playing with our YMCA), and much more!  It's going to be a great fall!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am with you! I love summer, but I look forward to a regular routine. I look forward to many talks about our kids first day of school, and how we hold up!!

shanna said...

Yeah for Fall and pumpkin patch visits!! Hope you have a great first week back at school!