UPDATE:
Thank you for all the prayers. Daniel walked right in this morning like he knew what he was doing! He walked in the classroom, turned around and said "bye mommy!" I said bye and that I loved him. Zachary wasn't concerned at all as we left Daniel. Zachary has been at school with me today. We brough books, movies and lunch. He's asleep right now on the loveseat I have in my reading corner. We've had a good day together. I'm excited to hear about Daniel's day later this afternoon! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel is going to daycare today. We were able to find a place that is relatively close to my school and Zachary's school. It's a faith based daycare/preschool that a lot of my teacher friends use or have used in the past. It comes highly recommended. The director used to teach kindergarten in FTW so she is trained. We've been talking about him going to "school" for about a week but I don't think he knows what is about to happen. Zachary will start in 2 weeks. We could have waited to all start at the same time but I told Sean I could handle all of us having a "first day of school" at the same time. We need to stagger this! Please pray that Daniel will take to his new school well. Pray that he will find friends quickly. We are discovering that he really is a people person. Our biggest prayer request is for both boys...they've never been seperated. They've been in different classes but at the same location. They've walked in and out together. Because they are so close in age, their classes would do things together. Not this year! :( When Zachary is ever really upset about something he will say..."where's my brother?" They are so close to each other. I am so happy that they are close and I'm praying that this next year will not put a wedge between them but bring them closer. This seperation is only for a year and then Daniel can go to the same school as Zachary. Zachary's school starts at age 3 (Daniel turns 3 Sept. 8...7 days past the cut off!)
Maybe all of this rambling is to also say pray for me...I'm leaving him and entrusting him to other people. I am trusting that they will love him, protect him, cherish him and teach him. I am praying that his love for laughter and learning will be increased. I am praying that the adults that are his teachers will see the light that he carries in his eyes and they will do everything they can to protect that...not squash it. I am praying for Zachary that he will not worry about Daniel being gone.
I think that's it. I'm sorry for the disorganized train of thought. It's been a long week around here and it's about to get longer. I'll have pictures and stories to tell soon.
I better get the kleenex...I think I'm going to need it. :)
1 comment:
Sounds like an emotional couple of weeks. My boys are close like that, too. Will, being the oldest and an extrovert, doesn't have a hard time going into new groups but it's really hard for Ben. I've been trying to figure out how to grow a little more independence in Ben but everything I can come up with is thrown off by the baby coming in Oct. All that to say, I feel your motherly distress. = )
Post a Comment