Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Yeah me!

I have to brag on myself for just a minute. About 2 weeks ago, my sister introduced me to the wonder of thegrocerygame.com. It is a wonderful little website that will tell you all the deals that your local grocery story is having for that week. It does have a subscription that you pay every 8 weeks. My subscription in for Kroger and Alberstons. The other little Internet gem that she introduced to me is the Coupon Master. This website will send you ANY coupon that is available at any given time. Again, there is a small handling fee but it is very reasonable. I got myself a TON of coupons for less than $10.

So, this weekend I worked on our menus for the week and checked my grocery stores for their weekly deals. I clipped my coupons and went shopping. After 2 stores and some wonderful shopping...drum roll please...I got $142 worth of groceries for $92! Yeah me! I was so proud of myself.

Now...what will I do with the $50 I saved...hmmm....

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Way to go!!! $50 is a fantastic savings!

I've heard of those websites but do most of my shopping these days at a store that doesn't take coupons - it's ok they are still cheaper using a coupon at the supermarket.

Marc and Charity said...

Well that is some great news! Too bad that won't work for me! :(

Westafricanrains said...

I'd heard about grocerygame.com. Unfortunately with the little shopping I actually do, I don't think it would help me.

Liz said...

I LOVE good deals!! A little obsessed with them, in fact. Good for you!