Thursday, July 19, 2007

More than half over...

Today marks an important day in the life of a teacher in my area. Today is the day when we all know that summer will end soon and it's back to the classroom. In about 50 minutes, the doors will open at a popular christian education/teacher supply store and hoards of teachers will rush in. It's their annual 20% off day on all education supplies. I attend this event every year and I stock up on my classroom supplies and decor for the year. I usually get all my new bulletin boards, novelty paper and notepads, cute pencils to give the kids the 1st day of school, office supplies for me, and a variety of other classroom needs. This year I actually pre-shopped and made a list of what I needed. With two more mouths to feed, I have to make sure I stick to the budget! :) I usually LOVE going in this store. I love the smell of new books and any teacher knows the smell of lamination! However, my heart is feeling mixed emotions this year...the summer is more than half over.

Four weeks from Monday I will be back at school. In four weeks, I'll be a working mommy trying to balance, teaching, my boys, my home, my husband and all the stuff in between. I LOVE being a teacher and there is very little that gives me more joy than being in the classroom. But I am LOVING being a mommy. I love waking up with my boys and snuggling in the rocking chair for the first few minutes after they wake up. I love sitting at the breakfast table with them and talking about what their going to do today. I love having the house to myself for a few hours in the morning so that I can have my time with the Lord and then do whatever needs to be done.

I'll find balance somewhere....right?!?!!

2 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

Man, school is just now getting out over here! Tomorrow is their last day. They get 6 weeks off. I can't believe you will be back in 4 weeks!

Oh, and the one thing I miss about teaching, the shopping! :) I love supplies! I was telling Marc how excited I am to buy Cerys her school supplies...in like a few years. He was like, "You've already thought about that?" OH YES! I have thought about it!!!

Stephanie said...

Ahh...I love the smell of school supplies!