Sunday, October 3, 2010

The reasons I smile...

Learning that life is fragile and never what one expects it to be is a big lesson in my life right now.  I'm still learning not to depend on the events going the way I want them to go but rather on The One who guides me through.  I am also learning to smile a lot more.  That isn't to say that I have to be happy and never have a difficult moment.  But rather trying to be a true testimony to the power that a joyful heart can be in a very dark world.  Here are a few things that make me smile with joy...
 ...Sean and our boys on the first day of school...my sweet
Zachary went to Kindergarten on the school bus!!
 ...Getting to hold my nephew Caden and seeing my
brother and sister in law become parents is awesome!
...The two sweetest girls on the planet...my nieces bring a little pink and girly girl fun!

...sitting on the couch snuggled up with my sweet husband, hot tea in one hand and the Word in the other.  We are coming out of a season of hell into true resurrection of our marriage and we are determined to see The One who made it possible be glorified. 

...laying in bed with Daniel talking about life.  He has always asked hard questions and shows no sign of stopping.  He is trying to find his way through this season in his life and his daddy and I are leading him the best we can.

...journaling with Zachary.  With the start of kindergarten, Zachary is like a little sponge trying to get as much reading and writing that he can.  He wants to read everything.  He and I have started a journal together.  He tells me about one thing from his day and we write it.  He'll draw a picture to go with it.  Then I write something to him.  I am hoping that this is something he and I can do for many years.

No comments: