For the past few weeks, we have been using the boy's bedtime story reading as a time to introduce them to having a quiet time. We have sat with them and read through a story or two in their picture Bible, talked about the story, prayed and sang some praise and worship. It has been such an amazing blessing. To hear my little boys talk about the stories they are hearing brings more joy to my heart than I can put into words. This conversation with Zachary is one that I don't want to ever forget...
We had just finished reading about Moses being placed in the river as a baby. As we were talking, Zachary wanted to know why his mama put him in the water. I tried explaining that she loved him so much that she wanted to keep him safe. I told him that she knew that God would take care of her baby better than she could so she let her baby go. I told him that God did take care of Baby Moses by bringing Moses another mommy. All of the sudden, Zachary's face lit up and he pratcially yelled, "MAMA!! That is just like me and Daniel! We have 2 mommies!" I smiled and asked him who's plan was it for Moses to have 2 mommies. His answer was again shared very loudly with great excitement..."GOD!!" I asked him if he thought it was God's idea to let he and Daniel and have 2 mommies. His answer.."Of course, Mama!"
There is was...the moment that I had been praying and waiting for since before I knew my sons. I witnessed the first time that my child made the connection that the God that he heard about in stories is the SAME GOD who is active in their lives!
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!
2 comments:
That is really awesome Lendy! I love it!
I have chills and tears in my eyes all at once. How absolutely and wonderfully precious. Thank you for sharing it!
Post a Comment