Today is a big day.
My sweet Zachary is 6. He has been counting down the days until this birthday for a few weeks. He was almost too excited to sleep last night. He and I were laying in bed last night talking and he was full of questions about what it would be like to be 6. Getting to experience his joy for life and the excitement of what is to come was so good for my spirit. I've been feeling pretty low for the past few days. Being with him and seeing his eyes light up just imagining what "6" will be like was so refreshing.
I have been a little weepy today thinking about how fast he and Daniel are growing up. The home movies have been playing and I can't help but smile when I see their sweet little chubby hands grasping the sippy cups. Listening to them sing "Twinkle Twinkle" in their little toddler voices is so precious. My tears have also come from a little bit of sadness. When I think back to those precious years, I don't remember truly enjoying them. When they were 2 and 3 we were so focused on getting our adoption finalized that I think I missed out on some precious time. I remember being very preoccupied with making sure our forms were correct and documentation was perfect. Being a mom had been my heart's desire for so long that I wanted to make sure I did it "right". I've learned a lot since then and thankfully God's grace is more than sufficient!
So...today when we celebrate Zachary's life, I'm going to hug them a little tighter, snuggle a little closer and squeeze every second out of the day. My focus is going to be on where they are right now...they will only be 5 and 6 once. This time in their lives is precious...unique...a once in a lifetime event.
I'm going to take my own advice...Living in the Moment!
This video was one of the first home movies after we were all together. Zachary's answer to everything was "I don't know!" Sweet little boys!!
No comments:
Post a Comment