It's been some kind of week...I'm going to try and sum it up.
1. Last Tuesday we had a staff meeting with our superintendent. He is a very nice man who, I believe, strives to be honest and transparent. He comes around to each campus at least twice a year to give his "State of the District" address. This past week was a somber speech. The short version is that the district is having some pretty major financial stuff going on and there is a good chance that some people are going to loose their jobs. The school board is working on a way to cut as few jobs as possible. One way to do that is to cut salaries. Ouch. I've been really pleased with how my school district has handled things in the past so I'm very peaceful about this situation. Sean and I are truly trusting the Lord's guidance and His knowledge of all things.
2. Last weekend was very quiet. I slept a lot (thanks to my wonderful husband) and I'm finally starting to feel more normal. The wheezing in my chest is just about gone and I can breathe with no trouble. The boys played a lot and had a good time at Grammy and Pappa's house Sunday night. We all went over there and had "Breakfast for Dinner". It was so good! The boys inhaled their pancakes and we all went home stuffed.
3. Last night was interesting. :) Due to all the fun the night before, both boys were so tired after school. By 6:00, Daniel was in tears. He was crying at the littlest things and just wanted to be held. After a rather long session of crying, I asked him why he was so upset. His answer just made me smile to myself...."because I'm so tired. I want to go to bed!" Poor baby! I looked at Sean and said we need to feed these boys and get them to bed. They were both fed, bathed, read to, prayed with and tucked in by 7:15. I think they were asleep by 7:17. :) At 6:30 this morning, Sean had to go in and wake them up!!!
4. Tomorrow is a big day for my class and I. My kids are taking their first big state test. We've worked hard and they have done some great work. I'm really proud of all of them.
I think that's everything. I'm working on some different blog posts that I'll hopefully get finished with soon. The Lord is slowly leading me through some layers of my heart that I have had closed for some time. It's painful at times but so wonderful to know that He loves me so much that He wants to work in my heart.
Blessings to you all!
2 comments:
praying for you, friend!
Breakfast for supper is FUN! We have chocolate chip pancakes for supper every Sunday night.
Post a Comment