Saturday was a Mother/Son day out. I took both boys to Target to pick out their Valentine cards. We had a great time walking up and down the aisles. They love looking at all the toys and pushing all the buttons. It was so sweet to watch their faces and hear their squeals. Both of them were so well behaved that I told them we could play at McDonalds. They understood that we weren't going to eat there...just play.
After about 30 minutes of playing, the lunch crowd arrived. The playplace was getting very crowded, so I told the boys it was time to go home. To say that neither of them we not very excited to go home would be an understatment. Ha! But I just kept going and we eventually made it to the car. However, Daniel was still vocalizing his feelings about having to leave. I just kept buckling him in and talking about what we would made for lunch. He didn't like the fact that I wasn't acknowledging his protest so he thought he make his point a little stronger.
Here's how the conversation went...
Mommy: "You can have peanut butter/jelly or grilled cheese."
Daniel: "No! I want to stay at McDonalds"
Mommy: "I know. Do you want peanut butter/jelly or grilled cheese?"
Daniel: "I'm going to the store to buy a new mommy!"
That made me laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment