Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I have been so blessed in my life to have been raised by an amazing man. My dad is someone that I look up to all the time. The older I get, the more I see him in me. I see the love of learning and never settling for 'good enough". He gave me a passion for a good book and great music. He has also taught me about loyalty. But the best thing about my dad is his devotion to his family and his God. I can remember being 14 or 15 years old and having deep conversations with him about faith, God's sovereignty and other faith driven topics. He was never shocked or shattered by my questions and often times encouraged the questions. He always taught me to never to take what someone said but always compare it to the Word. I have always loved my dad's sense of humor. When he really gets going, there will be tears and stomach pains from the deep belly laughs! I couldn't have picked a better dad!

But I have also been blessed to be given a husband who is also an amazing father. I knew from the day I married him, he was going to be a great father. During all of the years of trying to have a baby, one of the most painful parts was knowing that Sean wasn't going to be a daddy. He never complained. He has and continues to stand firm in the promise that we would have a house full of children. When our family grew and Sean became a father, I saw a light in his eyes that was so sweet. When our boys come running to him, his face lights up and he is truly happy. My favorite times as a mother is seeing my boys find joy in their father. He loves them with a fierce love. He has a desire to train them and bring them up to be godly men. He knows that his sons will learn how to treat a lady by the way he treats me. (I love being the only girl in this house! ha!)

So...Happy Father's Day to my dad and to Sean! I love you both very much!

No comments: