Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Break in t-minus...

Yes...I am one of those teachers this week. I am counting the days until Spring Break. I've never wanted a break more than I do right now. My house is nasty, I'm tired, my boys are almost recovered from the strep/flu stuff, the weather is doing crazy things and I just want some me time.

There...all my whining is out. Seriously, it has been a long winter and I'm ready for some family time and time to myself.

On a personal note...please pray for our daycare situation. Zachary is in a great preschool but Daniel is having to move to ANOTHER daycare. He started at one location in August but we had to leave there in January. It's a long story that I won't go into now. We found a WONDERFUL montessori school that he absolutely loves and he's been there since the end of January. We found out yesterday that they are closing their doors on Friday because of financial troubles. I could just cry thinking about it. Daniel has done so well with in this school and he is going to be so sad. I HATE the idea of finding him a 3rd daycare in less than 6 months. We only need something for him until the end of June. I have several staff development days that I am going to in June but after that we are home until school starts again in August. At that point, he'll be able to start the preschool that Zachary is attending now.

Please pray that we can find something quickly. Pray that Daniel will receive the new place well. Pray that his heart and mind will adjust again. (i.e. it won't affect his behavior!) Pray that we can find a place that doesn't cost anymore than what we were paying. We can't afford much more! Pray that Sean and I will have wisdom to know what to do. Staying home isn't an option for either of us right now unless God does something BIG with us financially. I believe that He is able to more than we can possibly imagine...pray that we don't miss it.

I think that is it. Here's to 2 1/2 more days of work! :)

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I am SOOO sorry that the Montessori school is closing! That's SO frustrating and disheartening. I will DEFINITELY be praying for you guys. I hope that you have a VERY enjoyable Spring Break and that you get some much needed "Lendy time!" --Shanna