When I posted last, I was thinking that the allergy yuck had struck my house again. The boys came home on Thursday with fevers and Daniel had a terrible runny nose. We spent the night and day on Friday giving them Tylenol and Motrin and nothing was really kicking the fever. After everyone got up from their naps on Friday, Zachary was complaining of his throat hurting and Daniel was just laying on the couch. He was very warm and lethargic. Anyone who knows my sweet little Daniel would not use the word "lethargic" to describe him. I told Sean that if we were going to see a doctor before the weekend, we better go now. After waiting for about 30 minutes, we saw the doctor and the diagnosis came...strep throat for Zachary and Type B flu for Daniel.
Great.
She prescribed antibiotics and Tamiflu for both boys and said no school until Tuesday. We got home and got everyone started on the meds. I have to say that I thanked God over and over for insurance. Without it, the meds would have cost $200. Whew! Thank you, Lord!
Saturday and Sunday were very long as I tried to explain to my very stir-crazy boys that they weren't really feeling better yet. We stripped every sheet, blanket, and towel and washed. I've used every Clorox wipe and can of Lysol that I own. My house is near sterile! :)
I'm REALLY glad Spring Break is next week...I need a vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment