Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I've run away from home...

We're halfway through spring break and it's been a really good week. We've played, slept, laughed, cried, had picnics and experienced pure joy through the eyes of two little boys. I'll get to that later. After all this fun, I had to run away for a little bit. My sweet, wonderful husband is holding down the fort today and I'm actually at school. I am working on lesson plans, grades, cleaning up, planning for the next 5 weeks and it's so quiet. I love it! I don't even have the radio on. The silence is wonderful. I love my boys and I have loved being with them this week but the silence is truly golden.
About that pure joy. Yesterday was a big day for Zachary and Daniel. We rode the train from Fort Worth to Dallas and had lunch with my dad. He works on the far side of Dallas. The train ride is about an hour one way. It was so fun! The boys were beside themselves with excitement. Zachary would not stop talking and asking questions. The first time the whistle blew, I thought Daniel was going to come out of his seat. They were both so happy! It was the best $10 I've ever spent. By the time we got to my dad, we (the parents) were exhausted but it was time for lunch and to see Pawpaw's office. We ate outside and took a walk around the garden. Time went too quickly and we had to head back to the trainstation. We rode the hour back to Fort Worth in just as much excitement. By the time we got home, everyone was ready for a nap. When I realized that it was almost 4:00 and they weren't up, I had to wake them up. :) It was a great day!

Here are a few pictures from our trip to the playground at my school. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Just a note about Zachary's teeth...I know it looks like he lost one but it's a baby tooth that never came in. We're talking to the dentist about it soon. :)

Happy Spring Break!








2 comments:

Shanna said...

Yeah for train rides! Jonathan hasn't yet experienced that joy, but maybe we'll hop on one soon! ;> I love the pictures--especially the one of their little faces pressed together--so cute!! It makes me think that maybe having another boy wouldn't be tooooooooo bad...;> --Shanna

Stephanie Kay said...

I just love pics of brothers!!